Are you looking for a fun way to get into the Christmas spirit? How about a Christmas Nativity scavenger hunt game? This is a great way to keep kids entertained while teaching them about the story of Jesus’ birth from the Bible.
Check out these tips on how to play!
How to Do a Christmas Nativity Scavenger Hunt Game
A Christmas Nativity scavenger hunt game is a great way to add some excitement to your holiday celebration.
To play, hide small Nativity-themed objects around your home or yard. Then, send your guests on a hunt to find as many objects as possible.
The person who collects the most items wins the game.
1. Create a list of items that need to be found for the nativity scene
Make a list of objects that must be found for the Nativity scene. Make sure to include all the characters, such as Mary and Joseph, the baby Jesus, the three Wise Men, and any other figures.
2. Print out the list and cut it into strips
Cut the list into strips after you print it out. You can assign one item for each family member to search for or let everyone work together to find all of them!
3. Hide the strips around the house or yard
Place the strips in inconspicuous locations around your home or yard. Make sure they’re well hidden but still easily accessible so that everyone can have a chance to find them.
4. Have each family member search for one item on the list
To make things more fun, have each family member search for one item on the list. This is a fantastic way to include your kids in some holiday festivities!
5. Once all items have been found, put together the nativity scene
Once you have found all the nativity scene items, it is time to put them together. You can use real figurines or make your own out of construction paper and glue.
6. Take a picture of your family with the completed scene
Have your family pose before the completed nativity scene, and then take a picture. This is a great way to capture the holiday spirit and have something special to remember this activity by!
Christmas Nativity Scavenger Hunt Game Tips
Here are some ideas on how to make the Christmas scavenger hunt game more interesting:
- Have teams race against each other to be the first to find all the items on the list.
- Assign points to each item based on its difficulty or rarity, and the team with the most points at the end wins.
- Give bonus points for creative costumes or decorations related to their search (e.g., a reindeer antler headband).
- Create a special prize for the team that finds all the items first- like frankincense or myrrh. No, just kidding. Don’t do that.
- Include a surprise item on your list, and award bonus points to whoever finds it first.
Wrapping it Up
No matter how you set up your Christmas nativity scavenger hunt game, be sure to make it fun for everyone! And don’t forget to take lots of pictures of the event so you can look back on the memories for years to come.
Happy holidays and happy searching! Have a great time as you celebrate the birth of Jesus with your family.
May God’s blessings be upon you all.