Feeling overwhelmed and frightened when faced with a cancer diagnosis is natural. But even in the most challenging of times, there is hope in God’s words.
Bible verses for families affected by cancer can provide comfort, strength, and encouragement as they continue on their journey.
Healing Scriptures for Cancer Patients & Their Families
1. “He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.” (Revelation 21:4)
2. “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” (John 16:33)
3. “Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.” (1 Peter 5:7)
4. “And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.” (Romans 8:28)
5. “The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.” (Psalm 34:18)
6. “Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.” (Psalm 23:4)
7. “Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and mercy, who has come to help us in our weakness.” (2 Corinthians 1:3-4)
8. “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.” (John 14:27)
9. “The Lord is my light and my salvation — whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life — of whom shall I be afraid?” (Psalm 27:1)
10. “The Lord is good, a refuge in times of trouble. He cares for those who trust in Him.” (Nahum 1:7)
11. “Be strong and take heart, all you who hope in the Lord.” (Psalm 31:24)
12. “He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.” (Psalm 147:3)
13. “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, ‘plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” (Jeremiah 29:11)
14. “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.” (Joshua 1:9)
15. “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” (2 Corinthians 12:9)
16. “He will cover you with his feathers, and under His wings, you will find refuge; His faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.” (Psalm 91:4)
17. “He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.” (Psalm 91:1)
18. “Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.” (Psalm 46:10)
19. “For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.” (Romans 8:38-39)
20. “For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline.” (2 Timothy 1:7)
21. “Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.” (Philippians 4:6)
22. “The Lord is my rock, my fortress, and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.” (Psalm 18:2)
23. “But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.” (Isaiah 40:31)
24. “Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.” (Deuteronomy 31:6)
25. “And we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them.” (1 John 4:16)
26. “Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.” (Psalm 23:4)
27. “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.” (Proverbs 3:5-6)
28. “Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you.” (1 Peter 5:7)
29. “The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit.” (Psalm 34:18)
30. “And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away.” (Revelation 21:4)
31. “Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.” (Romans 12:12)
32. “For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers” (Romans 8:38)
33. “I can do all this through Him who gives me strength.” (Philippians 4:13)
34. “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.” (John 14:27)
35. “And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us.” (Romans 5:5)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is a good Bible verse for strength and healing?
“I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” (Philippians 4:13) This verse reminds us that, no matter what we may be facing, we are not alone. Christ is with us, giving us the strength to overcome any obstacle. Other verses about strength and healing can be found in Psalms 46:1-2, Isaiah 41:10, and Hebrews 4:16.
What is the most uplifting Bible verse?
While there are many uplifting verses to choose from, one of the most reassuring is Psalm 46:10. The verse reads: “Be still, and know that I am God.” In a world full of chaos and uncertainty, these words offer a moment of peace. They remind us that no matter what happens, God is in control. We can rest assured that He will care for us and provide for our needs.
What does the Bible say about hope in hard times?
Psalm 34:18 tells us that “The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.” This verse gives us hope that God is still with us even when things are tough. Romans 15:13 tells us to “hope for the best and expect the worst.” This verse reminds us that we should still have hope even when things look hopeless. And in 1 Corinthians 13:7, we are told that “love never fails.” This verse tells us that love will always be there for us, no matter what happens. These verses and many others remind us that even when things are tough, we can still hope for a better future.
Wrapping it Up
Whether you yourself are struggling with a recent cancer diagnosis or need a Bible verse for someone dying of cancer (a loved one, a close friend, etc.) to help them through their battle, these healing Bible scriptures for cancer will help bring peace and light amid the darkness. May God’s powerful words give hope and healing to all those affected by cancer.