Parenting toddlers and preschoolers can be very hard, even in the rewarding times. There is so much to teach and train them and as much as we love it, it can still be very overwhelming. One of the best things I did in my parenting was focus on Bible verses to train our children from their earliest years through high school.
The toddler and preschool years can be some of the greatest years for molding character and forming strong Christian faith. Since my oldest daughter, now an adult, was as young as one years old, Bible verses were a part of our parenting. I thought I would share with you, 5 Bible verses for toddlers and preschoolers to memorize, which will impact their Christian walk and make parenting a little easier.
5 Bible Verses for Toddlers and Preschoolers to Memorize
These verses are going to be the ones that this age group will will benefit from to overcome the natural tendencies that are demonstrated often during the toddler and preschool ages
- Children Obey Your Parents In Ephesians 6:1, it reads, “Children obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right.”
- Be Kind to Others In Romans 12:10, we find, “Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honor preferring one another;”
- Loving Others In John 13:34, we are commanded, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.In Romans 12:9, we are exhorted, “Let love be genuine. Abhor what is evil; hold fast to what is good.”
- Sharing with Others In Luke 6:31, we are instructed, “Do to others as you would have them do to you.”
- Forgiving Others In Ephesians 4:32, in states, “And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ’s sake hath forgiven you.
It amazes me how quickly children learn these verses without really having to completely focus on formally teaching them. After just a few weeks of introducing our children with these verses, we are able to ask them what the Bible says about what they are doing, and they are able to quickly recite the verse pertaining to their action.
Read my post How to Implement Bible Verses for Memorization to see how my toddlers and preschoolers learn scripture at such a young age.