I love to give gifts that are functional, even their packaging. You can call it being green, frugal or thrifty and I would agree with you! If you have someone you know about to have a baby, this will be sure to be a great hit and talk of the baby shower or visitors to the hospital to visit the sweet new baby.
Here is what you will need to make a diaper bouquet:
- a bin for the base
- a florist brick to push kabobs sticks into
- kabobs sticks
- rubber bands
- small baby items to keep the florist brick in place or you can use tissue paper
- tissue paper to decorate around the edges and to fill in the big gaps
- newborn diapers – jumbo pack
- colorful socks
- a pretty hair bow
Here is how to construct a diaper bouquet:
- After all prices and tags are removed, place the florist brick in the center of the bin, placing smaller baby items or tissue paper around it to keep it in place.
- Using the kabob sticks, roll one individual sock around the top of the kabob stick (the sharper end is what you will stick into the florist block) and then using a rubber band, secure it to the kabob.
- Do the same thing with the newborn diapers, being sure to start with the printed side being rolled up first. Be sure to keep the shaper part for sticking into the florist block, as well, and securing it with a rubber band.
- Once you have them all securely wrapped on the kabob sticks, you can begin pushing them into the florist block, being sure to mix the socks around for added color.
- Once you have all the diaper and sock kabobs into place, rip some pieces of colored tissue paper into the gaps.
- Adding a complimenting colored tissue paper around the edge of the bin, will also add an element of beauty to it.
- Clip the hair bow to the best side of the bouquet
Don’t forget to take a picture, but not until you have taken a moment to smell the diaper bouquet! There is NOTHING as sweet as the smell of a clean diaper, while awaiting the birth of a baby.