Copywork is a great activity to not only improve hand writing, but to also ponder great writing, spelling, vocabulary and sentence structure. As beneficial copywork is in your homeschool, it isn't alway easy to find selections that you would like to have your children copy without spending many hours in pulling them all together.
If you have never used copywork in your homeschooling, I would love to give you a few tips to help you get started on the right path.
- Start with the goal of having something in each copywork lesson to be perfectly made
- Start with short lessons
- Use only good selections by choosing your selections to include worthy idea, great information and parts of language arts that will be enforced in the action of copywork
- Encourage diligence by watching them until the habit of attention is present
- Move into independent copywork
If you would like more help learning how to implement copywork into your homeschooling, you will find this video that I created explaining how to do that, as well as dictation.
Copywork Resources for All Ages
If you are implementing copywork in your homeschooling, you will absolutely love the variety in these resources.
- Copywork for Little Girls – Grades 1-3
- Copywork for Little Boys – Grades 1-3
- Lessons in Manners for Copywork – Grades 1-3
- Memorization of Verses for Copywork – Grades 1-3
- Copywork for Animal Lovers – Grades 1-3
- Copywork for Girls – Grades 4-12
- Copywork for Boys – Grades 4-12
- Lessons from Leaders – Grades 4-12
- For the Love of the Game – Grade 4-12
- Our Beautiful America – Grade 4-12
- Nature Lessons for Copywork – Grade 4-12
- Math Facts for Copywork – Grade 4-12
- Verses from the Bible Copywork – Grade 4-12
Homeschool Copywork has a membership with TONS of selections and more is added.