Memorizing verses is so important for any Christian and that includes those who are wives. A marriage can really experience so many challenges because Satan just doesn't want strong Christian homes to continue and he does all he can to ruin what God has joined together. A strong family starts with Bible verses at the foundation. I want to share the verses every wife should memorize to help you get started.
10 Bible Verses Every Wife Should Memorize
Here are the verses that have helped me in my 21+ years of marriage and I know that they will continue to be priceless throughout our marriage.
- Ephesians 5: 22-23 ~ “Wives, submit yourselves to your own husbands as you do to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything.”
- Colossians 3:17-18 ~ “And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him. Wives, submit yourselves to your husbands, as is fitting in the Lord.”
- I Peter 3:1-3 ~ “Wives, in the same way submit yourselves to your own husbands so that, if any of them do not believe the word, they may be won over without words by the behavior of their wives, when they see the purity and reverence of your lives. Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as elaborate hairstyles and the wearing of gold jewelry or fine clothes.”
- Titus 2:3-5 ~ “Likewise, teach the older women to be reverent in the way they live, not to be slanderers or addicted to much wine, but to teach what is good. Then they can urge the younger women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God.”
- Proverbs 31:26-31 ~ “She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue. She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness. Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her: “Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all.” Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised. Honor her for all that her hands have done, and let her works bring her praise at the city gate.“
- Psalms 19:14 ~ “May these words of my mouth and this mediation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.”
- I Thessalonians 5:17 ~ “Pray without ceasing.”
- I Thessalonians 5:18 ~ “In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.”
- I Peter 4:8 ~ “And above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins.”
- Luke 6:37b ~ “Forgive and you will be forgiven.”
In addition to memorizing Bible verses to help in my marriage, I also strive to memorize verses for my motherhood, because there are times that scriptures is what carries me through.
When I was in my early 30’s, I lost my joy in what should have been my perfect life. I literally had everything that I had hoped for but I faced everyday with less joy than the day before. It was through scripture that I not only identified the problem, but was able to correct it.
I shared my journey in an ebook for other women who struggle with their personal joy, and desire to live life with joy they would expect to have.